Warning: The official updated campaigns are distributed as part of mainline.
This is an attempt to recover translations for four 1.14 campaigns before overhaul. This is brought to you with no warranty.
The goal of this add-on is to make these campaigns available again to play in fully translated version.
This is done by using outdated scenarios, so there may be playability and balance issues and shortcomings in the plot.
Available translations: German (de), French (fr), Catalan (ca), Polish (pl), Portuguese (pt), Dutch (nl).
The campaigns are released as part of a 'core', they can be selected following these steps:
- Start wesnoth and go to -> 'Preferences' -> 'Hotkeys'
- In 'Search' box, enter 'core'
- Press 'Add Hotkey' then press CTRL+SHIFT+k, and close dialog.
- In main 'Title Screen', press CTRL+SHIFT+k to open 'core' selection dialog.
- Select 'Wesnoth (1.14)' core.
- The 1.14 campaigns are now available in the 'Campaigns' menu.
The next time you start Battle for Wesnoth, it will start with the last active core.
To go back to 1.16: you have to press CTRL+SHIFT+k and select the 'Wesnoth (Default)' core.
Please do not report any problem with this add-on in the official feedback threads for mainline campaigns.
- Descent into Darkness (1.14)
- Liberty (1.14)
- The Sceptre of Fire (1.14)
- The Hammer of Thursagan (1.14)