A collection of the most-requested options to make the mechanics more realistic and tactic, for people curious to experiment a new gameplay.
It changes the combat approach, making it easier for good tacticians, harder for the others.
All theses features works for vanilla Campaigns & Scenarios, Single or Multiplayer, for all sides (including AI)
It also includes some of options give interest to level-up units after level 3.
Features (each one can be combined, enabled or disabled individually. Some of them are disabled by default) :
1. No Random Combats : attacks never miss, terrain bonus is instead used as damage reducer.
2. Increased Damage : To compensate the high terrains defenses. Only applies for 'No Random Combats'.
3. Health-based Hits number : Units lacking lot of HP do proportionally less attack strikes (or less damage for single-strike attacks). Minimum will be 1 strike.
4. Level-Up : Relative Healing : When an unit advance a level, instead of a full healing and being cured, it keep the missing HP, but statuses are cured. The special case when post-advancement Max-HP is smaller than pre-advanced is also handled.
5. *NEW* Level-Up : Random Bonuses After Max Level Advancement : Units already AMLA (purple XP bar) gain an extra random ability or increased stat each time they level-up again.
6. Level-Up : Promoted Leaders After Max Level Advancement : Post-level 3 standard units reaching their first AMLA level-up will be prefixed 'Chief' with a bronze crown icon.
7. *NEW* Gifted Heroes : The Leaders and Heroes (gold & silver crowns) gain an increase of 20% of their attributes and a small regeneration ability, making them harder to kill. Excluded for Promoted Leaders.
8. Learning from battlefield (Passive XP) : Extra XP for all units each turn (except for the ones not recalled).
9. Learning from healing (Max XP/turn for Healing) : Each turn, Healers will earn 1 XP for each adjacent wounded (but not-poisoned) ally, but you can limit the max/turn.
10. *NEW* Ninja Wars : All the units do melee back-stabs, skirmish, are faster and invisible in villages, forests, deep water, or everywhere at night. For funny PvP with fog-of-war focused on ambushes / hide&seek.
- Also includes a PvPvE scenario : '4p - Ruvaak Mirage Atoll' optimized to be used with the mod.
Feel free to contribute !
Discussion thread on https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=49454
Last Wesnoth version tested : 1.14.6